This page has moved to a new address.

Blemishes and Toothpaste... the ins and outs

The Beauty Bloggery: Blemishes and Toothpaste... the ins and outs

Friday, January 28, 2011

Blemishes and Toothpaste... the ins and outs

Here I sit, sick and tired of hearing "use toothpaste on your blemishes" etc etc... yes I used to say that too and it used to work like a charm, still does... BUT!

Here is the But, now you have to watch out for tartar control toothpaste. As a former cosmetologist, I noticed I was breaking out from something. And so I looked at my personal hygiene. Ok so, checklist nothing changed in my routine: not my cleanser, not my toner, moisturizer, not my makeup (and it wasn't due to be tossed out) and my diet hadn't changed either. The only thing in my personal hygiene routine that changed was my toothpaste, yup, just so typical of me... I had to get the latest and greatest so I went for the new Tarter Control Toothpaste! Yes it was my toothpaste causing my breakouts and worse yet I hadn't broke out in a long time, and I used my toothpaste (as I used to do) applied it to the breakouts which made it worse.... wait...what? Yuppers, I admit it!

I read some writing (after quite some online research) by a Dermatologist that read that he/she had a warning to others about tartar control toothpaste causing blemishes around the mouth! Yup sure enough, I may actually be smarter then the average bear having used  the toothpaste, realizing I was seeing a trend and analyzing the cause of the bothersome breakout.

Anyway I am sick and tired of reading where people recommend toothpaste for breakouts... I don't know if any of them are like this former Cosmetologist and tried before they write and recommend things or I bet they wouldn't even recommend many of the things they do.

I will recommend that if you can find a plain old fashioned toothpaste (original formula Crest, if it's out there... no tartar control, and in Paste form) it still should help some people with thier breakouts, others may find it doesn't work or they have problems with it... so when you try it on a blemish please only one at first until you know what your skin and body chemistry will do with it... or better yet use it as a chemical die and do a "predisposition test" basically put a small amount of the toothpaste inside your arm at the bend (the other side of your elbow) or behind your ear (but I find that very very irritating if I react to hair dye or anything, so I recommend the inside of the elbow)and leave it there (even a band-aid over it is fine) for 24 hours and see if you reacted before you use it on an obvious place like your face or worse yet on the tip of your nose. If you react don't use it, if you don't react to this in 24 hours then give it a try but only on one zit (since the face could react different then the skin on your arm) and see how it works. :)

Well folks I vented, you poor suckers read it... and at least I've eased my mind having corrected some of these posts online in comments and some in emails to the author... but now I put my 2 cents in on my blog. I just can't keep up with people spreading some not so good beauty tips out there... but I try!

Good luck! And please remember to beware & research some of the "unusual" treatments out there... don't believe that everything you read has all the information that you may need for these treatments work properly.

Luv & hugs

Ooops after thought, if you use tartar control toothpaste, like i do and I refuse to give it up... just make sure to wash really well around your mouth and rinse around your mouth well right after brushing!  <3

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry so messy, this post, but having a terrible time with the Chronic Pain lately, with no relief. But had to post this when I once again saw a post recommending toothpaste for blemishes. Forgive...

 

Post a Comment

Hello Beautiful Person, I love reading comments, so won't you submit one for me, pretty please?

Luv & hugs,
Riah

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home